A useful tool to help custom ROM developers provide Over-The-Air updates
★ Fixed the Addons page crashing. This only affected RomHut users. RomHut changed a field that caused an error in the app
★ Fixed and error in the Open Recovery Script generation for "InstallAfterFlash" addon files.
★ Huge app rewrite coming soon. You can check the progress on Github. I'm working a full time job!
Full changelog here: https://github.com/MatthewBooth/OTAUpdates/blob/stable/Changelog.md
I would rather fix problems than you leave a bad rating. Me fixing things benefits everyone.
Potentially dangerous permissions
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- REBOOT: Required to be able to reboot the device.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- SET_ALARM: Allows an application to broadcast an Intent to set an alarm for the user.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- WRITE_SETTINGS: Allows an application to read or write the system settings.